Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ah. SPRING!

Getting the garden ready for spring is one of the things I look forward to all winter.  We had a few nice days sprinkled between the rain and sleet in February and March I used to clear beds and turn compost, but now that April is underway so are all the big plans.   I have my seeds, some started in the house, some sowed in the garden and quite a few waiting in a box for fear of frost.  We already have the tomato seeds and pepper seeds in their little jiffy houses.  Spinach, mixed greens, carrots, beets, radishes and peas are all in the garden as of yesterday.  
 
I had quite a few plants, swiss chard, lettuces and herbs that popped up in early spring, this it the first year I have had anything survive over winter.  The excitement was short lived because the chickens managed to hop the fence and eat them.  Time to go play in the dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment