Monday, January 4, 2010

Grilled Summer Squash - by JA

My hubby and I grill all year round, rain,sleet, snow, so Saturday when we had the grill heated up for a tasty london broil I decided to try this recipe my friend had posted over the summer.

(Originally posted by JoyceAnn)
Marinade for grilled summer squash.

My boss gave me several sturdy yellow squash, so I thought they'd be good for the grill at a bbq we went to yesterday. I sliced them up into pickle spear type sections, about 4 or 5 inches long and put them into a zip-loc bag, along with a couple onions that I sliced into 1/4 inch rings. They marinated for about 2 hours before we grilled them.



Measurements weren't exact, so these are approximations - mix and match and change according to your preference:



1 cup olive oil

fresh chopped oregano - 1 tablespoon

chipotle powder - 1.5 teaspoons

yellow curry powder - 1.5 teaspoons

ground cumin - 1.5 teaspoons

salt - 1 tsp

cracked black pepper - 1 tsp

garlic powder (I didn't have any fresh garlic on hand, which I would have preferred) - 1.5 teaspoons



Mix well together, pour into bag over squash. Shake the zip-loc bag around to make sure the marinade gets over all of the veggies. Let sit in the fridge for a couple hours; shake off excess oil before putting onto the grill. Took maybe 3-4 minutes for each turn - say 2-3 turns per squash slice depending on the thickness of the spear. Very tasty!
 
Thank you JA, this one rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment