Monday, August 24, 2009

4 weeks.

It's been too long I am such a bad blogger... tisk tisk.

I have been over burdened with tomatoes over the last few weeks. I'm not complaining though, i <3 tomaters! I have been picking cherry tomatoes on a quart per day average and just finished canning up 4 quarts of romas. Crazy. The heirlooms seem to be ripening up on a daily basis, and I've been devouring them just as quickly. Pink brandywine slices with a little mozzarella is a great snack.

Last week we had a BBQ and we used a ton of garden goodies to make sides. We did 2 different cole slaws (one vinegar and one creamy) with our cabbages, and we made salsas with the tomatoes, an herloom tomato platter with mozzarella and fresh basil and a tasty roasted cherry tomato salad. It was quite a feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment